(a) Off-street parking. The following exemptions and allowances to the off-street parking requirements shall apply:
(1) Uses in the B5 and PC Districts and in any other district in the Central Business District area shall be exempt from the off-street parking requirements of Subdivisions B and C of this division;
(2) For retail, service, and commercial uses on zoning lots abutting a Traditional Main Street Overlay Area or on land zoned SD1 or SD2, the maximum distance that off-street parking shall be provided from the principal use specified in Subdivision B of this division, may be increased to 1,320 feet where the applicant can show to the satisfaction of the Planning and Development Department that a “district approach” to parking is being used in the Traditional Main Street Overlay Area or other area nearby. To show a district approach to parking, the applicant shall provide the following:
a. A signage plan to show how the business will direct customers and employees to the off-site parking lot, including parking signage and wayfinding;
b. A plan for who will manage and maintain the off-site parking facility, including safety and security measures;
c. Where the parking area or parking structure is owned by someone other than the applicant, a shared parking agreement shall be required according to Section 50-14-156 and Section 50-14-159 of this Code.
(3) No additional off-street parking, beyond that already provided, shall be required for structures erected prior to April 9, 1998, other than religious institutions, that do not exceed 3,000 square feet of gross floor area; and
(4) When a use located in a structure erected prior to April 9, 1998, expands into an existing adjacent structure erected prior to April 9, 1998, and the total gross floor area of the combined structures does not exceed 4,000 square feet, no additional off-street parking shall be required.
(5) Additional parking reductions are set forth in Section 50-14-153 and Section 50-14-163 of this Code.
(b) Credit for on-street parking. Within the Woodward and Grand River/Lahser Traditional Main Street Overlay Areas, any on-street parking space adjacent to a use, each such space consisting of not less than 23 feet of contiguous linear permissible on-street parking that is immediately adjacent to the use, may be counted as one space against applicable off-street parking requirements for such use.
Amended by Ord. No. 18-18 (JCC 6/21/2018, Passed 7/24/2018, Approved 7/30/2018, Published 8/22/2018, Effective 8/30/2018); Saved From Repeal by Ord. No. 28-19 (JCC 7/23/2019, Passed 9/10/2019, Approved 9/11/2019, Published 9/20/2019, Effective 10/1/2019); Amended by Ord. No. 2020-21 (JCC 11/26/2019, Passed 7/7/2020, Approved 7/8/2020, Published 7/31/2020, Effective 8/8/2020).